So, I have never done this sort of post, special about nutrition, but when I was reading these facts I just had to share them with you all! I hope that you can learn something from these facts! Enjoy
1. A 20oz bottle of Coca-cola has more sugar than a large Cinnabon.
2. When you drink a 20oz (590ml) of Coca-cola, you are consuming 65g of Sugar, that’s 2.77 shots of straight up sugar!
3. Up until 2012 Starbucks used cochineal extract as red food colouring in 6 menu items – it’s an ingredient made from crushed cochineal beetles boiled in ammonia. EWWWWWWWW
4. A 2012 study in the journal of Pain found that ginger can help reduce exercise-induced muscle pain by up to 25%.
5. Drying fruit causes massive nutrient loss, depleting 30-80% of its vitamin and antioxidant content.
6. Neither strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries are actually berries.
7. Bananas, tomatoes, pumpkin, watermelon, and avocado are all berries.
8. In an average day, Chipotle uses 97,000 pounds of avocados; they use 70 avocados to make single batch of guacamole.
9. Cinnamon is a potent antioxidant that can help reduce the risk of blood clots, control blood sugar, and import insulin sensitivity; the latter two help prevent fat gain and diabetes.
10. Alaska produces more than half of all the seafood caught in the US.
11. 1 cup of air-popped popcorn contains more antioxidants, in the form of polyphenols, than an average fruit or vegetable.
12. if fishing continues on its current trajectory, the entire global fishing industry is expected to reach a state of collapse by 2048.
13. Aspartame and MSG – Chemicals found in many processed foods – are excitotoxins, which cause neurons in the brain to excite themselves to death. Evidence suggests they promote chances growth and its propensity to spread.
14. Garlic may help prevent against various types of stomach, GI, and colorectal cancers.
15. Pecans and walnuts have more antioxidants than blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, and currants.
Well, there you have it my fellow bloggers, I just shared the ones that I was like WOAH! You can find the original source HERE.
Until next time