So…. We just recently moved… again.. this is our third place that we have now moved to in Switzerland, but it is one to keep for a while. (I hope) <—- Shy face. What was I saying? OH YEA, so we moved to this magnificent house, we upgraded from an apartment to our own HOME!! This new place is just magnificent, it has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 stories ( the 0 floor is a huge basement) but it is just amazing, I am over the moon for it and so is my husband, We couldn’t be any happier. God has really blessed us with everything. Any-who, the reason why I am writing this post is because we just had so much trouble with this move ( mainly because of the moving company) ugh, don’t even get me started about the moving company. I don’t even know if I should call them a moving company.. they really made this move for us horrific! they broke things, they made a whole in our wall from smashing our sofa on it, they scratched EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF FURNITURE WE OWN <—- and no I am not over exaggerating, ask my husband… ok you can’t lol but still. It’s the straight up truth. When we confronted them about it they didn’t own up to what they did, they made it look like it was us that did it? SERIOUSLY DUDE!? you are going to blame this on me? I was literally about to rip their heads off… OK maybe not to that point, but I was MAD. What we did was take pictures of what we had before the move, when we showed them that our furniture was not like that before.. do you know what they said!? and I quote ” I am sorry sir but you can’t really see the picture clearly, we did not do this, you can’t prove it was us with a picture”. They knew that if they owned up to what they did, they would owe us thousands of dollars, and I am talking more than 10K. Our furniture was not cheap. On top of everything they “didn’t do” <—– being sarcastic, they stole my husbands tool box! GET ONE OF YOUR OWN! When we told them about it, again.. nope it wasn’t us.. The tool box cannot disappear into thin air, come on. If it would have not been for them we would have had a smooth move, but it was just too much for us to move it all on our own. Well, when they didn’t get back to us after about 2 weeks after we showed them all they did, and asking them for our tool box back, we had no choice but to go to the police, We are no leaving it in the hands of the po po… We will see what happens next.
PHEWWWW do you know how good it feels venting about this moving company!? LOL. So this is why I decided to write 10 TIPS ABOUT MOVING..
1. TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING YOU OWN (only if hiring a moving company)
2. LABEL LABEL, oh and did I mention LABEL? Literally write down on a label everything you put in a box.. trust me, I mad the mistake on my last move not to label, and I went NUTS! This time I labeled everything I put in the box.
3. COLOR CODE BOXES. Now what I did was get different color sticky notes, and use one color per room. This way we told the moving company yellow is bedroom, orange is kitchen, pink is craft room… and so on.
4. THROW AWAY/GIVE AWAY STUFF YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT USE ANYMORE. You will have less clutter in your new home. I know this is hard, if you are a hoarder like me. But while packing up everything I knew that I didn’t want to be taking useless stuff into my new home, so I really had to ask myself 2 or 3 times if I really needed this.
5. SET REMINDERS FOR CANCELLING SUBSCRIPTIONS OR LETTING THEM KNOW YOUR NEW ADDRESS. Trust me, set reminders, this is something we did not do, and had to hurry it off literally almost on the last day. We are still receiving mail with our old address on it. Setting reminders will save you time later.
6. TAKE YOUR VALUABLES WITH YOU. Move them yourself, even if it is 5-7 boxes, move them. I would not trust my valuables to any strangers.
7. PACK AN OVERNIGHT BAG CONTAINING ALL THE ESSENTIALS. This is very important. You will finish your move past midnight, and you will not feel like going through boxes to find your toothbrush, toothpaste, underwear etc.
8. PICK A MOVING COMPANY THAT HAS THE BEST REVIEWS AND REPUTATION! It is worth it, even if it is a little extra money. You want all your furniture in one piece.
9. AVOID PACKING BELONGINGS IN TRASH BAGS. You don’t want to accidentally throw away something you cherish now do ya!!?!?
10. EMBRACE THE BEGINNING OF A NEW CHAPTER IN YOUR LIFE. I know that moving is not fun, but it depends how you look at it. it can be VERY stressful, but just think about the new and amazing memories you will be making in your new home.
Well, there you have it, my personal 10 tips about moving. I know they made my moving 100x better and I hope they will help you too.
Until next time my bloggers ❤